Connectors

Closed
g - Dec 6, 2008 at 08:06 PM
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 - Dec 8, 2008 at 01:18 AM
Hello, what type and where can I get the cable connector for my hp lcd w1707 monitor (the cable that goes from the monitor to the pc for speakers to make noise...) I have lost mine and need to purchase a new one. I have no audio right now because not connected.. I need to know which one it is or called and where to get it? Thanks.

1 response

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 01:18 AM
Well, firstly you can connect ANY speaker to your computer for the same effect, but having seen that monitor myself (my boss has one very close to it) I can appreciate it's style and wanting to use it's built in speakers.

The audio connector for it is just a standard audio jack, 3.5mm I believe. It's the same jack on both sides, looks just like a headphones jack. You can find those double sided cables at BestBuy, Walmart, Circuit City, or online for a buck or two.

Good luck!