I can't install any operating system on my PC

Closed
koroskawy Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2010 - Jul 24, 2010 at 02:00 AM
koroskawy Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2010 - Jul 25, 2010 at 04:13 AM
Hello, I have a problem that i wanted to install win XP on my laptop but the setup menu gives me the screen of preparing set up and the set up stops when the partition screen is about to come,I tried to install Linux Ubuntu and the same happened, and with windows 7 after partitioning it stops at the first second of installing
PLEASE HELP , in the past i was able to install any OS normally but i don;t know what happened to th laptop
note: don't tell me to change the bios setting of hard drive from AHCI to IDE as when i bought the laptop the first time i have changed it
I have acer Extensa 6530Z

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 24, 2010 at 09:52 AM
Hi there,

If needed to make downgrade you need to change the settings in bios for it,but as mentioned,problem seems to be with the hard drive itself,if still on warranty then let then do needful else you have to purchase and change it.

Thanks
koroskawy Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2010
Jul 25, 2010 at 04:13 AM
thanks,but i don't think this is the problem
check comment NO.2 of "wanna be hi-tech"
wanna be hi-tech Posts 17 Registration date Friday December 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2011
Jul 25, 2010 at 01:04 AM
Is your OS disk that u r installing ok...that could be a problem...I was trying to install XP on my NB..installation stopped half way..tried W7..also same....tried linux....also same result...finally got another W7 disk....it worked..(if u r down grading then it might be the bios)
koroskawy Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2010
Jul 25, 2010 at 04:11 AM
"I was trying to install XP on my NB..installation stopped half way..tried W7..also same....tried linux....also same result...finally got another W7 disk....it worked"
this is exactly what happened to me, after win7 worked and i'm using it now , the same problem still exists I still can't install xp or linux , I have tried different CDs that worked on other computers so i think the problem wasn't in the CDs