-
Registration date
Sunday August 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2010
-
Hiya,

I have a dell dimension 2350 and a intergrated 440x broadcom ethernet port and it does not seem to want to even recognise that it is there I have tryed to install the drivers several times and each time it has installed then opened a command prompt window and abruptly ended ?!? I whether this is because it has finished installing or not I dont know all I know is that after it does this nothing changes :( I dunno whether it is because I have service pack 2 installed or whether its because it just can't recognise the port itself?? I would love some help on this because once I get it working I can connect my xbox through it :) ty for your time :D

2 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,

Try this 1.

Download the drivers from the manufacture website.

Click on the below link and download the file

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&os=WW1&osl=en&SystemID=DIM_PNT_CEL_2350&catid=-1&impid=-1

Note: Some devices may not function properly if the drivers are

installed out of order. For more information, click on the below link.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/downloads/en/driver_install_order?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~lt=print

Try installing the "Chipset" Driver first and then install your network drivers.

Good Luck.
Registration date
Sunday August 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2010

no luck :( I had already tryed that nss thing but thanks anyway
Registration date
Sunday August 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2010

unfortunatly it just keeps going through the setup as usual then at the end when the instalation bar is full and it says removing backup files, please wait, for a split second command prompt appears and it just closes both the command prompt and the instalation program :( ??
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,
Click on Start --> Run --> type devmgmt.msc and click on OK. Is there any yellow mark in the device manager. Can you see your network adapter in the device manager ?
Registration date
Sunday August 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2010

haha that was my first thought would was it even recognised in device manager and the upsttting answer to that is no :( although I have opened my tower and had a look at the port its got power and a connection to it its not loose or anything ???
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,
Go to BIOS and check whether onboard LAN is enabled or not.
Registration date
Sunday August 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2010

omg you genious m8 yep the intergrated network adapter was disabled under bios haha cheers youve been a great help :)

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!