Can't download ANYTHING

Closed
angeldet - Dec 16, 2008 at 12:20 PM
kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 - Jun 18, 2010 at 02:58 AM
Hello,

I don't even know if I'm on the right forum, I apologize, I just don't know what else to do at this point.

I have Windows Vista (I think home edition.. I'm not real sure) and I had a problem a few months ago with my computer ticking. Everyone said it was probably the hard drive, but one morning my computer did some check when I started it and I haven't had the ticking problem since. However, since then, I haven't been able to download anything. I belong to a game site and if I download a demo game, it downloads fine, if I buy the game and try to download it to the computer, the download starts, then stops, then something pops up that says Internet Explorer not working and it closes and then the internet explorer restarts. Also, I recently tried to download a video from my sprint picture mail account... I clicked save to my computer and the same thing happens.

I have tried everything I can think of this morning and afternoon to fix it, but I have very limited knowledge in troubleshooting and figuring out how to fix things. I downloaded some pack update (I had windows updates shut off for some reason and I turned them on, had to follow a tutorial lol)... but I'm still having the same issue. Also, when I try to download things that I think might fix the problem, same thing happens.

Does anyone know what I can do, should try.. someone I can email.. anything?

Thank you so much.
Related:

6 responses

Try using another browser such as Firefox. get it from here https://filehippo.com/download_mozilla-firefox/

if you can't download the file using internet explorer7 then you need to re-install the OS that'd fix all your problem
how do you re install the os
i got an idea......
why dont you call
someone from rogers
(or wherever u get ur stuff from)
and ask a technician to come to
your house and fix it bcz it
happened to me and the
guy just fixed it!! :)
can't download any thing.
Maybe it's because you have too many downloads. And you need to erase them.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
thats vista for ya!!, mine does the same thing exept is says could not locate APPSDATA, THEIR P.O.S
kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Jun 18, 2010 at 02:58 AM
When you download your software, save it first instead of running it directly. After saving, then running it, keep the installation file in case you ever need it again (such as if you have to do an OS reinstall again or you install a later version of the software that doesn't work out).