@ Searching on google, being redirected,

Solved/Closed
rekeren - Dec 19, 2008 at 10:46 PM
 KillKenny - Aug 6, 2010 at 03:30 PM
Hello, Can any one help?.
When using my tool bar google search box, when I search for an item - an oriental language page comes up, always the same page. Is it a trap?
If I use Yahoo search engine it works fine.
When I click on google.com the page below comes up, is it a trap?
I scanned my PC with SuperAntiSpyware free edition and with Malwarebytes anti malware free edition. Neither helps.

Again: When I click on google.com
I get:

Quick Links | Home | Worldwide
Microsoft
Search Microsoft.com for:
Microsoft Security Center

Alert : Your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses!

Please download AntiSpyware to fix.

Download AntiSpyware Now

Uses of Information

Additional Details

We use the information we collect to provide the services you request. Our services may include the display of personalized content and advertising.

We use your information to inform you of other products or services offered by Microsoft and its affiliates, and to send you relevant survey invitations related to Microsoft services.

We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. In order to help provide our services, we occasionally provide information to other companies that work on our behalf.

Important Information

The full Microsoft Online Privacy Statement contains links to supplementary information about specific Microsoft sites or services.

The sign in credentials (e-mail address and password) used to sign in to most Microsoft sites and services are part of the Windows Live ID.

For more information on how to help protect your personal computer, your personal information and your family online, visit our online safety resources.

Microsoft is a member of the TRUSTe privacy seal program.

2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Anti-Spam Policy

Top of pageTop of page

Manage Your Profile |Contact Us |Microsoft This Week! Newsletter |Legal
2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use |Trademarks |Privacy Statement
Related:

10 responses

Was having this problem but only on Firefox. From what I've read on the net it seems this can happen when you have an older version of java that is exploited resulting in this malware. Various scans did not resolve problem. IE was working fine so I unistalled Firefox, restarted, re-installed Firefox and problem was solved.
I spent many hours and software fixes in an attempt to remove the VERY annoying and disruptive google redirect virus. I stumbled across a forum where a user was raving about Hitman Pro, available from cnet. Hitman Pro is definitely the way to go! So many other failed efforts required regedit, reinstalls etc. After installing the program, scanning, following the directions, restarting the pc several times, and testing the search engines successfully, it all seemed too easy after first installing 10 other spyware programs that all failed. However, it worked so I recommend trying it for your redirections woes. Hemmo.
Why don't you try this out.
1. Check DNS settings and run "ipconfig /flushdns" command.
2. Reset Internet Browser settings.
3. Delete Temporary Internet & Windows Files
4. Disable all suspicious BHO (browser helper object) entry using Autoruns ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ )

5. Restart computer.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Dec 19, 2008 at 11:18 PM
It's a virus - this site has instructions for removal:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-xp-antispyware-2009

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anyone got this fixed yet? Have used S&D, AdWare, MalWareBytes, NOD32, CCleaner, SmitFraudFix.....Non have fixed it. Only thing that helps so far is NoScript of which is an add-on for Firefox.
This isn't a virus or any hackers trying to get into your computer. If you type in google.com and it redirects you to google.es, you should see a link on the google page right below the search bar that says "Go To Google.com." All you have to do is click on that link and it will automatically switch your default search engine back to google.com.
There's a difference with Google.es redirecting you to Google.com

And actually using Google.com search engine to search up "anything" and clicking on any link provided, which then instead of the link you clicked on you're redirected to an advertisement website.
Hi,
Thanks for advise because now I can see the problem but how do I get this google.com to be my homepage instead of that other one?
Good experience and info Mr. Phate. i appriciate it.
Had the same problem with facebook leading to myspace. I used spyware - search & destroy (immunize funtion) and spywareblaster. I don't think it's as much as a virus or trojan as wrong entries within your browser since these programmes use browser functions to block malicious websites etc. by writing them into a file with blocked hosts. I take it that this file was damaged in some way, leading to a redirect. After running those programmes everything worked fine again.

Good luck!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 29, 2010 at 07:50 AM
Hello Ali,

He is what I believe will solve your problem in five minutes flat.

Download and install Spybot Search and Destroy, run it and delete the found items. The is no need to install the "Tea Timer" component.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4561-spybot-search-destroy/

Regards
i had this problem once there is a program that repairs this it is called atf cleaner