Increase speed of vidio downloading

Closed
rauf - Dec 20, 2008 at 02:33 AM
 bigd519 - Jan 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Hello,
I just tested my connection and download speeds and they are functioning at 2% of what they should be. I have a cable modem with windows vista. My connection speed is .8 Mbps and my download speed is 33kB/s. How can I optimize these speeds? I am connected via wireless to my network with a brand new laptop.
Thank you!

3 responses

jeromerm.cz Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday October 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2009 3
Dec 20, 2008 at 04:16 AM
hi
clearing cookies on your laptop would help you gain some speed! try it!
kiospc Posts 7 Registration date Sunday November 2, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 16, 2009
Dec 20, 2008 at 06:38 AM
STEP 1: REDUCE THE WEB CACHE
First step in speeding up your slow internet connection to tweak your internet options. To launch the launch the internet options utility follow the the direction below:
1.Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Double Click Internet Options
4. Click Settings under Browsing History
5. Reduce the Disk Space to Use to the minimum recommended amount or as low as your desire.

STEP 2: CLEAR TEMP FILES

Here how to delete your temporary internet files.

1. Quit Internet Explorer, Firefox, or any other web browser
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
3. On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
4. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
5. Click OK.

To view your internet files follow the steps below:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Choose Internet Options from the Tools menu.
3. Click the General, Under Temporary Internet Files, Click Settings.
4.Click View Files
5. Delete selected files

STEP 3: SPEED UP WEB PAGES

1.Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Double Click Internet Options
4. Click Settings
5. Scroll down to Multimedia.
6. You can reduce the options in order to increase speed at which web pages are loaded.

STEP 4: CONTROL YOUR ANTIVIRUS
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click Run
3. In the command screen type msconfig.exe
4. In the system configuration utility,click either service or startup
tab5. Uncheck all programs that you dont want to load win the antivirus is starting
6. Click OK

good luck!
Dude honestly clearing your cookies or what ever isn't going to make a difference to your download speed... Even though ur connection is 10Mbs your not going to be downloading any were near that speed unless it just so happens the computer your downloading from is next door!

To put it plain, the further the cable is the more the signal degrades, and secondly your download speed is only capable of the upload speed which the computer on the other end is uploading the info to you at

ie. the upload speed from the other pc might only be 128kbs a second or 256kbs a second, and like i said before that signal from his computer to yours is being degraded bit by bit with each kilometer of phone line and cable. And they could be in australia or canada etc

Another thing is from what i know cable dsl is a shared line, which means its not a individual line from your house to the exchange building in your suburb. In other wards ppl around you are sharing the one cable so it could just be network congestion.. Do you usually find that your internet etc is slower around 6pm ish?

call up your isp and have them reset your port at the exchange, this will eliminate any excess static on the line which might be interfering and causing slower speeds, besides that you cannot defy physics my freind

good luck