Problem Upon Startup black screen

Closed
Ogi - Sep 20, 2010 at 06:19 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 21, 2010 at 05:45 AM
Hello,

I currently have a Windows Vista which has been serving me great over the past year with no problems at all what so ever.. Just Recently, i randomly got those fake bugs that disguises itself as an Anti Virus and tries to tell u that all ur files are corrupt and terminates any files u try to open and run... This is a scam and i know it's not that big of a deal.. However, from this problem came a bigger one..
After following several forums i found the one needed to get rid of it but i needed to run my computer in safe mode in order to be able to run the program that gets rid of it.. It worked fine i went into safe mode and then i switched my computer back into Normal so i shut it down and ran it normally and right when the Windows Logo comes out and the little box with the cursor is supposed to be there to put in ur password to log in, it doesn;t show that box but just goes straight to saying " Please Wait" and it just turns black....
So there is just a black screen with mouse.. I tried rebooting and runnng in safe mode and it won;t work in safe mode too... I just want to know if there is a simple Settings Configuration that i can change or something than can get me past this.. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 21, 2010 at 05:45 AM
Hello Ogi

This is because no processes are running. press control alt delete and select task manager. under Applications select "new task" type in explorer and press enter. you should see your background image and the taskbar as well as your icons. but other processes arent running. for example, i normaly get widows sidebar when I start, nowi dont. my plan is to back up everything and re-install the OS because it is all screwed up. then ill be okay. hope this helps.

Please do let me know about your success story.

Regards