What the big Idea i have everything installed

Closed
dexwin Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday August 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2010 - Sep 26, 2010 at 07:26 PM
rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 - Sep 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Hello,

I have a clone PC with a VIA motherboard a 1200mhz Procesor and 512mb Ram, it didnt had a Hard Disk to I placed the one I am curently using to test the computer, but it says "Pri Slave not detected and other Pri things (except Pri Master)" .After that it goes to the screen were it displays "Safe Mode , Safe Mode with Command Prom./Network. Last Known good config, and Start Win. Normally. I've try all options and the computer just restarts and goes back to the same screen, What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

the computer doesn't have a DVD ROM but I could get one would that do any help? Please if its not too much to ask can somebody help me if its not too much to ask.. Thanks

Related:

7 responses

rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 4
Sep 26, 2010 at 07:49 PM
Hi,

Try to check the cables where the hard disk is connected. There might be a possibility that there are loose connections in it. Now, try to boot up the computer while pressing DEL on the keyboard. Keep pressing it until you come to a blue screen window. Navigate to Advance Configuration Settings. Try to check if the system detects your Hard Disk. Now, set the first boot device to the name of your hard disk then press F10 and restart.

Hope this helps

Thank you
dexwin Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday August 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2010
Sep 26, 2010 at 08:35 PM
Thank you rey007360 for your reply,

I did what you told me now I can get pass that "Star Win. Normally Screen" but now The Microsoft Windows Logo appears for an Instant Second and the computer restart. Sorry if this is not part of the topic and if Its not I will start a new one about this.

Thanks rey007360 you got me 1 step closer to the desktop xD
rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 4
Sep 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Ok. Try to boot it on Safe Mode.

Heres howe to do it. Turn on your computer. While the computer is turning on, keep pressing F8 key on your keyboard until you come to some text. Use the UP and DOWN arrow key and select Boot in Safe Mode. There will be a sort of text appear on your screen. Login to administrator. When successfully login, click start menu, then navigate to RUN command. On the RUN box type MSCONFIG then hit enter. Next, click on the STARTUP button and uncheck all the applications you see on the box lists. Hit OK, then restart your computer.

I hope this helps.
Thanks Rey,

Here's the thing, I ran it on all modes and still it only appear the Windows Logo for a sec and restarts, the thing is that the HD I am trying to test on that computer is the someone I use on another computer and it runs perfectly fine on the other one. Could it be some cable connections? I have check everything...

Thanks again for your help.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Sep 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Hi,

If its properly setup and you are sure that the cables are on its place then its not the cable. Let me tell you this. If a hard disk has been setup ( formatted, installed O.S on the first computer this configurations has been save there.) Now, if you wish to use the same hard disk on your second computer make sure it has the same hardware as your first computer. The model of the motherboard of the first and the second computer must be identical otherwise it will not work.

When you transfer the hard disk to second computer check its motherboard model. Check also the model of the source(1st computer). If they are identical then no problem but if not naturally it will not work.

Hope you get my point.

Thanks
Yes I understood everything you told me, thanks Rey for your help!
Sep 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM
your welcome