Dv6599ea six screen/blue scree problem

Solved/Closed
amitkatke Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM
amitkatke Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Oct 7, 2010 at 01:22 AM
Hi,

i am having dv6599ea series HP laptop. On last Thursday I shut down my laptop normally and when I started my laptop on Friday it started showing me six screens instead of one big one. I am not sure what is causing problem is it hardware problem or it is software problem. I ran series of tests using bios on memory and hard drive in result sometimes one big screen appears for a moment but it gets restarted automatically and again begins with six screen. I even restored my laptop to factory setting using recovery partition. But now when after starting when it reaches to windows it shows blue screen.

can anybody tell me solution to this six screen/blue scree problem?

thank you.

amit
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Sep 27, 2010 at 04:52 AM
Hello,

In order to be able to help you, I require the blue screen error code. It is a 10 caracter code beginning with 0x.

Regards
amitkatke Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010
Oct 7, 2010 at 01:22 AM
Thank you Ambucias for your help. I got this problem solved as below;

First I went with my laptop to HP centre in Bangalore to get this problem addressed and solved. The HP guy told me this graphics card problem and as nvidia is embeded in motherboard, I have to replace motherboard. Which will cost me $410. That's too expensive.
So I took my laptop back without getting repaired and went to local chip level expert to get my laptop for seeking solution. The local guy told me he can repair laptop for $50. So I gave it to him and asked what has caused this problem, he told laptop is overheating and it is causing components in overheating zone to become weak. Also I asked generally about HP laptops, he told the warranty given by HP is like a timer once that is over their products starts failing. I say HP is crap. I took this laptop about 1.5 year ago for $1400 by looking at HP brand and it has let me down.
Anyways, this is the way I got my problem solved.....soon planning to sell this laptop and buy other one of different brand.

Amit