Cannot create network connection and no icon

Closed
jimtan Posts 8 Registration date Monday September 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2010 - Sep 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM
 afonso - Apr 25, 2011 at 01:52 PM
Hello,

I have a Lenovo R60 running on XP Home SP3 and I cannot create a network connection.

I went into Network Connection and click "Create a new connection" and was taken to the "Welcome to the New Connection Wizard".

I followed all the steps - connect to the internet - set up my connection manually - connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password - ISP name - then I entered the user name and password - FINISH.

After I click finished, there is no icon on the network connection folder nor any icon on the desktop (I have ticked add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop).

Without this icon, I just cannot connect my laptop to the internet via my ADSL. I had tried for the last 3 days but I still cannot solved the problem.

Can anyone out there please help. Thanks.

Jimmy

Related:

12 responses

rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 4
Sep 28, 2010 at 03:21 AM
Hi,

@ jimtan

Please check if your network driver is installed. Right click my computer, click properties, then navigate to hardware, device manager. Uninstalled components were usually appear as yellow question mark. If the network adapters has a yellow question mark, install that component.

Download your driver here:

https://support.lenovo.com/fr/en/

Choose network Adapters, then the O.S you are using.

Thanks