Connected but no internet access [Solved/Closed]

jason - Jul 17, 2011 at 07:20 AM - Latest reply:  Trish
- Feb 14, 2018 at 10:56 AM
Hello,
I am using winndow 7 and it says I am connected but i don't have internet access. Please help

See more 

26 replies

jack4rall 6507 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Updated by Jeff on 24/03/17 at 08:56 AM
+56
Helpful
Hello,

Try this 1
  • 1) Right click on "Internet Explorer" icon --->click on "Properties" ---> Click on "Connections" tab--> Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the options, if you notice any option selected--->Click on OK---> Click on OK.

If the problem still exists, go to step 2.
  • 2) Make sure that IP address and DNS server was set to obtain the address automatically.
    • Click on Start --> In search bar type ncpa.cpl and press "Enter".
    • Right click on your Network icon ---> Select "Properties" ---> scroll down and double click on "Internet Protocol[TCP/IP]" . Make sure that "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" options are selected.
  • 3) Click on Start --> In search bar type devmgmt.msc and press "Enter". Type this command
    ipconfig /all
    and press enter. Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers are having addresses.
  • 4) Check your firewall (try to turn it off to see if it helps).
  • 5) Try to desactivate your antivirus to see if it helps. If you have McAfee, uninstall and reinstall it.

Note from Shahab1210 : Click on Start --> In search bar type ncpa.cpl and press "Enter". Right click on your Network icon ---> Select "Properties" ---> scroll down and double click on "Internet Protocol [TCP/IP]", set your "Preferred DNS Server" to 8.8.8.8 (Google) or 4.2.2.4 (OpenDNS)

Good Luck
Was this answer helpful?  
Thx man.. The "4224" method work!
thaks man , 4.2.2.4 worked
Finally!! Thank you for posting this.
Thanks! So simple, so great, useful!
AzCoronaDog 1 Posts Sunday August 19, 2012Registration date August 19, 2012 Last seen - Aug 19, 2012 at 05:33 PM
+55
Helpful
I just spent 2 days figuring out the same problem, but with a different cause and I'd thought I would post here so others won't waste so much time!

My problem was caused by an automatic McAfee Update on 8/18/12.
Search their site for the details, but the solution was to uninstall and reinstall their security suite.
Thanks so much!! I can't tell you how much this has helped me!
McAfee is such a pain. One of the non user friendly virus software!
I was searching for a week man thanks a lot!
Francis Plamondon - Dec 17, 2017 at 12:37 PM
Good thing I have other ways to access Internet! Uninstalled McAfee and now it works. Stupid thing making you regret not renewing their trial period!
I never would have thought of that. It was working on my PC, but not on my phone, though I have McAfee on both. I'm kind of hesitant to reconnect it now. Thank you! You saved my sanity!
+34
Helpful
OMG THANK YOU!! I tried everything else in vain! every other computer in the house had internet access but mine and while uninstalling mcafee I gained internet access again. now I can resume watching dragonball z
+24
Helpful
Az - thank you so much! Worked all day on Sunday trying to figure out the problem. McAfee was the issue.

Thanks again!
+17
Helpful
so glad you posted that. I had the same problem ,uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee. it works perfect. thanks