My router does not emit a wireless nertwork

Closed
paulshyne - Dec 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM
 rocky - Mar 18, 2009 at 09:26 PM
Hello,
I have and Linksys WRT310N wireless router. I just set it up a few days ago. I`ve connected my desktop PC via port 1 on the router, and it surfs the net just great. I set up a wireless network aswell, so i can go online on my laptop or PDA trough Wi-Fi, but when my laptop searches for wireless networks it has 0 results. I looked for it with my PDA aswell and still no luck . I don't know if it's a hardware problem with the router itself. or if there is anything i can fix with a little help. My desktop runs Win XP, and my laptop is a Dell Inspirion 1318 with Vista. I tried conecting the router and laptop with hard wire (laptop RJ45 - router port 2) but no internet access. the network status shows Local Only. I also tried a diferent SSID, default, with disabled wireless security, but still no luck.
any ideas?
thanks , Paul from Romania
Related:

1 response

did u ever reslove this problem you were having? I have the same problem with my dell inspirion 1318. Iam so frustrated....it worked fine the first 3 months i had my laptop, the only difference with mine is that the wireless router i have is at&t, becauce i have Att with my home computer, cable for tv and also home phone as well as my cell phone...i spent hours with at&t tryng to resolve this issue over the phone, with no resolve. I guess now i will try speakin with a dell support rep. please let me know how this all worked out for you

best regards,
rocky