It is possible to activate the "Router" mode (NAT) of the Freebox. The fFeebox will then act as a firewall and protect your computer against external itntrusion. It makes it easier to share the internet connection (if you have a hub or a switch on the Freebox V5). In this article we will show you how to configure "Router" mode of your Freebox.
Note: The Address Translation (NAT) feature of the router mode can be problematic for some software that are used as server (gaming, P2P, etc..), but it can be configured. Note that: It is highly recommend to activate the router mode as this greatly improves the protection of the computer (in case of failure of personal firewalls such as ZoneAlarm).
How to configure the router?
Connect to the website
- Go to the Free website: https://www.free.fr/adsl/index.html.
- Then click on "My Account/Mon Compte": and please login using your credentials:
- Enter your username and password.
- The login is your phone number followed by "@freeadsl".
- The password was the one you were provided by Free (If you haven't change it of course)
How to enable the router mode?
- Once in your interface, choose "Internet":
- Then click "Configure my Freebox router (more)"
- Check the appropriate box to enable the Mode router
How to validate?
Click the "Send" button (bottom of page).
Reboot the Freebox
Restart your Freebox (either by disconnecting and reconnecting, or by holding down the "?" button on the Freebox remote, then select "Restart the Freebox".
- To check if the Freebox router mode is enabled, simply display the IP address of your computer:
- It must look like that 192.168.x.x
- If it is not 192.168.xx, then you are always in direct mode, without protection.
Remember to restart the Freebox and if that does not do the trick, restart your computer.
After each configuration change, it is necessary to restart the Freebox that the changes to be taken into account.
In the Setup screen, you can configure the ports in order to run certain applications in server mode.
To enable the Wi-Fi mode of your Freebox please refer to this FAQ Freebox - Configure the Wi-Fi mode.
- Configure Router Mode on Freebox
- How to configure the Wi-Fi mode of your Freebox? > Guide
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android > Guide
- WiFi Modes of Operation (802.11 or Wi-Fi)
- Itzz a7aa.com snapchat dark mode > Guide
- Cannot ping computer on same network: Windows 10, Windows 7
- Get a computer name from IP address in a LAN: command line
- TeamViewer sound sharing: Mac, Android, not working, Ubuntu
- Teamviewer start with Windows: missing, registry
- Set the right MTU: meaning, calculator, settings
- Windows networking commands: with examples, cheat sheet
- How to activate VoLTE in Vodafone India
- Unable to access http://192.168.0.1
- 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.0.1 IP address signification
- List open ports: Windows, Linux
- How to connect PCs with a Ethernet cable?
- Cups-pdf for Windows: driver, virtual PDF printer
- Activate Internet booster: Vodafone India
- How to crimp ethernet cable: RJ45 network cable
- Configure WinSCP: to save to an INI File
- Dell Inspiron Bluetooth drivers: installation
- Disable TeamViewer shutdown: greyed out, remote-shutdown
- The list of DNS servers of the major ISPs
- Find your mac address: Windows 10, Linux, Mac
- Network architecture: definition, in computer network
- How to share internet connection: Android