Help Installing my wireless printer

Closed
Renee - Sep 27, 2010 at 08:03 PM
rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 - Sep 28, 2010 at 01:04 AM
Hello,

I brought a new wireless printer and cant connect wirelessly. I recieve a message that say MAC address filtering may be enabled on yor wireless router. I dont eve know what a router is. I have wireless internet through my telephone company. Do i need to buy a router? Help me out

Related:

2 responses

mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Sep 28, 2010 at 12:51 AM
To be able to set up wireless printer configuration, there are three basic items that you need to have. They are a high-speed broadband Internet connection (with modem), a high speed wireless router and wireless network adaptors. These three items will be used in setting up the wireless printer. Assuming that there is already an existing network in the home or office space, then all that is needed to do to make the printer available in the network through the operating system's networking wizard. If not, then the network must first be established, only then the printer will be made available through that network.
get more information.........
https://ccm.net/forum/affich-471255-connect-computer-to-wireless-printer#p472285
rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 4
Sep 28, 2010 at 01:04 AM
Hi,

First of all know the person who setup your wireless connection. They put a mc filtering encryption so for you to be able to use your wireless printer, you must have access to your routers configuration. Every wired or wireless device has its own mac address. This is a unique identity of a certain device. To get the mac address, simple click Start menu, navigate to RUN. On the RUN box type cmd then hit enter. Next, type ipconfig/all. Note the PHYSICAL ADDRESS of your device(wireless printer) located at the results lists, copy this physical address to your router's configuration.

Now, after having successfully doing the above things, you can connect this printer with no problem.

Hope this helps.

Thank you