Wireless wont work... possibly corrupted.

Closed
FatalBagel Posts 3 Registration date Sunday September 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2010 - Sep 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM
anuj2addy Posts 12 Registration date Monday October 11, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 13, 2010 - Oct 12, 2010 at 01:27 PM
Hello,

I have an ASUS U-81 Laptop and as of late my wireless capability will not turn on. I have tried the switch, I have tried Fn + F2, but it does not seem to work. I troubleshot the problem, but it told me it couldn't diagnose the problem. I went to additional information, and it said my wireless was turned off. As if I didn't know. I tried to do a system restore to a few days back when it was working, but it tells me that I have a file system corruption. It asks me if I wish to check for errors. I say yes, It tells me that next time it starts up it will check for errors. So I restart it and it did nothing of the sort. I try system restore again, and it gives me the same message. Help, please?

1 response

anuj2addy Posts 12 Registration date Monday October 11, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 13, 2010 1
Oct 12, 2010 at 01:27 PM
Hi there,
As you have mentioned that you are not able to conect wirelessly. I would like you to chek in your system that whether the wireless device is enabled or disabled or whether the drivers are installed for the wireless device or not. You can check it by going into device manager. Check for network adapters and check if there is any RED X or YELLOW EXCLAMATION mark.

The other alternative is to reinstal Windows once againthat will fix the issue