My MP4 Player Became Unrecognizible. Why?

Closed
ilian51378 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday September 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2010 - Sep 28, 2010 at 08:00 PM
 eikichifirst - Sep 29, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Hello,

Today I plugged my MP4 player into the USB port of my DVD player in my car (Eonon E1012), but it did not want to read it. It opened a file reading menu on the screen of the DVD player, but it couldn't show any entries. After a while, the MP4 player as well as the DVD player seemed to have frozen up. I unplugged the MP4 player from the DVD but the screen of the MP4 remained as if it was plugged to the USB port. It became non-responsive, even when I tried to switch it off from the power button. I had no idea what to do so I pressed the "reset" button I saw on it. Well, that turned it off and I was able to turn it back on through the power button. However, after I plugged it into my lap-top, I got a message that the device I have plugged in has malfunctioned and the compter does not recognize it. It seems as if the MP4 player is working properly, other than the computer cannot recognize it. I tried my wife's lap-top and got the same message there. Just as an additional information, this exact thing happened with an SD card I used a month ago. I am not sure if that could have caused the problem, but after I checked the compatibility of the DVD player in my car, it turned out that it can read SD cards with maximum of 2GB. Well, the SD card I plugged into it was 4GB and the MP4 player is 16GB. However, the stored data on each one of them is 1.6GB. What can I do to make my lap-top start recognizing them again so I can add or remove data and use the additional storage on them? Thanks a lot for your help!

Related:

2 responses

are you connect using usb cable to your laptop and dvd player? If yes, try to change with new one.
ilian51378 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday September 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 at 08:20 PM
I am not trying to connect the DVD player to my lap-top. The DVD player is in my car. I plugged my MP4 player into the DVD player in the car and it froze. I reset it (the MP4 player) and plugged it to my lap-top, which gave me the message that the devise (MP4 player) has malfunctioned and cannot be recognized...
I have some problem like yours. When I plugged in to my laptop, message "USB device not recognized". But mp4 player still working properly. After I buy new USB cable and reattach to laptop, its work perfectly.
ilian51378 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday September 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Thanks a lot for this information! I just used a different USB cable and it worked! Now I understand what happened - I bought a new USB cable today and plugged the MP4 to the computer with it... That is why the computer did not recognize it. That is strange though, because my webcam is working with the new cable... Go figure! Anyway, thanks again for your help!
Glad to hear that! There are many types of USB cable emulation nowdays. Include mass storage type and data type. Anyway, gratz to you mate ^^