Can't open my USB device [Solved/Closed]

Alcazar - Sep 29, 2010 at 07:11 AM - Latest reply:  Webb Malaysia
- May 22, 2011 at 02:58 AM
Hello,

I need help with my USB device..
I have a 4 GB pqi(brand) USB and i'm using it for more than a year now..
My problem is when I plug it into the USB port, I cannot open it.. even though the window explorer for computer(My Computer) is open, and that it is shown as removable disk(g:)
I still cannot access my files .. when I click to open it.. a message appears saying: Please insert a disk into the drive.. furthermore, in the properties of my USB device.. it shows 0 bytes for both used space and free space.. I don't know what is the problem.. I don't even know if the problem is in the hard drive or the device itself..

I have also read other posts in this forum related to my problem.. but I didn't try any of the solutions that have been suggested.. because i'm having a hard time following those steps because i'm not familiar with BIOS file and command prompt, and data recovery softwares..
I'm afraid that if I try to do those things, I might lose a large no. of files on my PC.
I'm just hoping that there is/are another solution(s) I can try that is easier..

PLEASE, ANYONE HELP ME?! LEND ME YOUR HELPING HANDS, ANYONE!?
ANY ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS/TIPS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..
THANKS!!
See more 

5 replies

Best answer
jack4rall 6507 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Sep 29, 2010 at 08:20 AM
Thank you
Hello,

Try this 1

Right-click on your pen-drive --> Select the option "Explore" --> if is gets

opened, backup your data and format it.

If the problem still exists then

Click on Start --> In the search box, type diskmgmt.msc and click on OK.

Disk Management will be opened.

Then right-click on your pendrive ---> Select "Change Drive Letter and

Path.." --> Click on "Change" and assign different drive letter.

Change the volume name by right-clicking on your pendrive and select properties.

Enter your volume name.

Good Luck.

Thank you, jack4rall 10

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1662 users this month

GR8!!!
VERY VERY THANK YOU JACK.......
Disk Management worked! Learned a new trick today. Thx bud.
YOU'RE SO GREAT MAN! THNX!! :) HELPED ME ALOT
Thanks ...its helping