Need help formatting a HP dv6000 laptop [Solved/Closed]

xerochance 5 Posts Sunday December 21, 2008Registration date December 22, 2008 Last seen - Dec 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM - Latest reply: Ambucias 52596 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen
- Mar 6, 2018 at 04:39 AM
Hello,
I have an hp laptop that is full of viruses adwere and spywere I am trying to format the computer but everytime I boot off the disk I get to the install xp but it displays can not find hard disk process cannot continue press f3 to restart and we cycle through any ideas why this is doing this ? and how can I fix it ?
See more 

24 replies

Best answer
Thank you
You may need to enter BIOS settings and disable SATA configuration. I'm not sure about your system BIOS environment but try to look for the settings of SATA, and then just disbale it. Or if you are in UAE, I can provide you a Windows XP that contains the SATA driver so you can install XP in your machine wiithout going to your BIOS settings. I can also mail you a CD, if you want.

Thank you, Ernest 4

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1827 users this month

Yes Brt, I need the CD for Windows XP that contains the SATA driver. so plz send me the CD to my Email Address as soon as possible.
thanks a lot
hi dude same problem here if possible can u email the copy of a cd that contains windows xp cantains sata driver pls its urgent. my email id is g.noorul@gmail.com
thanks..
dear sir,
please send email that CD for Windows XP that contains the SATA driver.
i kindly request please ...please

i shall be very great full to you
GrandmaOf4 2 Posts Tuesday March 6, 2018Registration date March 6, 2018 Last seen - Mar 6, 2018 at 02:58 AM
Excuse me is it possible that u can email me the thing I need for my laptop I'd greatly appreciate it sir
Ambucias 52596 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen > GrandmaOf4 2 Posts Tuesday March 6, 2018Registration date March 6, 2018 Last seen - Mar 6, 2018 at 04:39 AM
Sorry, we don't send email
xerochance 5 Posts Sunday December 21, 2008Registration date December 22, 2008 Last seen - Dec 21, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Thank you
ty very much after disabling the SATA NATIVE configuration the disk was able to read so far and am currently reformatting the drive hopefully this works
Thank you
How do you disable the sata native support. I just can't.
Thank you
Hi thanks a lots it work finally I can instal 2 OS in this computer dv6000 I hope Hp start to thingking not give hard time for the user specialy beginner one more time thanks so much