Hp desktop 8100 blinks red 4 times when I turn it on what do I do?

Closed
desperateforhelp - Jun 24, 2021 at 07:34 PM
 Peter - Jul 8, 2022 at 01:28 AM
Hello, Kris

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 604.1
Related:

2 responses

GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Jun 30, 2021 at 03:02 AM
The Diagnostic LED blinks red 4 times (once per second): This indicates power failure.

To resolve the issue, complete the following steps:

Perform the power supply self-test.
Open the access panel, and ensure that the necessary power supply cables are connected to the system board.
Locate a faulty device by removing all devices, and then reinstalling one at a time until the workstation fails:
Disconnect AC power to the workstation.
Remove all the devices.
Reinstall a device.
Reconnect AC power.
Replace the device causing the failure. Continue adding devices to ensure that all devices are functioning properly.
Verify the power supply functionality.
Disconnect AC power.
Remove all internal power supply cables from the system board.
Plug in AC power.
If the power supply fan spins, and the LED illuminates, then the power supply is good. Replace the system board.
If the power supply fan does not spin, or the LED does not illuminate, then replace the power supply.

If none of above methods not working, check out post below.
https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/fix-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-009.html?utm_source=ccm.net&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=affich-1137342-hp-desktop-8100-blinks-red-4-times-when-i-turn-it-on-what-do-i-do

The possible reason is an overloaded power supply.    Disconnect all external devices to see if any of those items are causing the problem.  Power on the system. If the system enters the POST, then power off and replace one device at a time and repeat this procedure until failure occurs. Replace the device that is causing the failure. Continue adding devices one at a time to ensure all devices are functioning properly.

Hope This Helps,
Peter