Bios error message!

Solved/Closed
kdhakal - Sep 30, 2010 at 12:34 AM
 kdhakal - Oct 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM
Hello,
When I turn on my computer, before booting, I encounter an error message that says:

CMOS/GPNV checksum bad
Press <F4> to run setup

I haven't updated my bios and I don't remember changing any bios settings. I have also loaded optimal defaults in the bios setup but that also does not work. I also removed the CMOS battery and replaced after waiting for some time, clearing bios memory and loading the optimal defaults. But none of those ideas work. I don't see this error message when I restart my computer, but only when I turn off and turn on again ( even immediately).

This is not really a problem, because when I press F4 and in the bios screen if I press Esc without changing any settings, the computer boots normally. But I fear that this problem may render my computer unusuable if it continues to pop up.
Thank you.

Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 30, 2010 at 05:32 AM
Hi there,

Change your bios battery then press on F1 to run setup save and exit bios settings it will be fixed.

Thanks
Thank you very much for replying. But if I don't change the battery, will it have any negative impact, I mean, will my computer continue to run even if I don't change the bios battery?
Thanks again.