Cant remove avast 4.8

Solved/Closed
devils.venom Posts 19 Registration date Tuesday 2 December 2008 Status Member Last seen 19 March 2010 - 22 Dec 2008 à 11:13
 Arun - 1 Apr 2010 à 23:55
Hello,
I am unable to remove avast 4.8
There is no uninstaller for it in my pc
I deleted the registry of it
I even stopped all its threads from msconfig
Then I tried to delete the folder from Program Files.
But it gives error that cant dfelete .dll file
Related:

4 responses

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday 30 September 2008 Status Member Last seen 3 February 2009 104
22 Dec 2008 à 13:25
Go 2 link below and download and install Unlocker 1.8, then follow instructions on how 2 delete Avast:

https://download.cnet.com/s/unlocker/
aquarelle Posts 7181 Registration date Saturday 7 April 2007 Status Moderator Last seen 14 February 2026 491
22 Dec 2008 à 13:41
Hi,
Download and run the avast uninstall utility : aswClear.exe
Best regards
devils.venom Posts 19 Registration date Tuesday 2 December 2008 Status Member Last seen 19 March 2010 4
26 Dec 2008 à 12:04
Thanks alot...
I can uninstall avast but I cannot remove icons from task bar, avast can automatically update,scanning process can also been working