2 CD ROMs not working

Closed
Nickelmatt - Oct 11, 2010 at 02:54 PM
 Nickelmatt - Oct 11, 2010 at 03:25 PM
Hello,
I got a comp that was bound for the techs grave. I borrowed some parts from a friend and built the computer back up. Most of the parts were used but connecting everything up, everything seemed fine but 2 CD ROM s, one that was originally there, stopped working. I thought it was the motherboard that's the problem but I haven't got another motherboard that I can prove that theory. I'm stuck cause I can't install an OS, tried using a USB stick to install, the computer stares at you (Doesn't do anything). Please help asap.!!

Related:

2 responses

Oh, and tried using different cables, or swapping the master with the slave but nothing works.
Blocked Profile
Oct 11, 2010 at 03:06 PM
Hi there,

Have you tried with another cd rom drive except those two?while trying with usb what happens?more information please.

Thanks
Yeah, as I said, It was once one CD ROM. It used to work with the previous motherboard. But since it's now fried, I'm getting nowhere. I put another CD ROM that's still a used one, an ancient one, it still doesnt work. I used a different IDE cable but no fruits. Any other Ideas?