HP dv2500 won't stay on

Closed
Tiny - Oct 28, 2010 at 02:41 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 28, 2010 at 06:16 PM
Hello,
I have an hp dv2500 and a few weeks ago it shut down while I was away from my computer and when I tried to restart it, the power light came on but the screen was black. I let it sit over night and cool down and then tried to restart it again, this time the screen came back on and said there was a problem and windows started to fix it, but it shut off again. A few days ago we got it to restart and windows did end up fixing it and it worked up until today when I was doing my homework on it and it just shut off again. When I turned it back on, it did the same thing--black screen, restart and windows said to fix problem and it did and then worked for another 10 minutes and then shut off.
I've told starting it on just battery and just charger and there is no difference
Also, I don't think it's over heating because the last time it shut off it wasn't hot at all.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with it??
Thanks!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 28, 2010 at 06:16 PM
it could be a hard disk or motherboard problem. it needs to be taken to a repair shop.

good luck