Recovery files from sd memory card

Closed
sam - Nov 7, 2010 at 01:43 AM
Annpett Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 23, 2011 - Jul 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Hello,

i have a problem with my sd micro memory card,which it shows 'Do you want to format?" when i open it in my nokia 6303 and i don't wana do tat coz i have some important images which is very dear to me...please help me.....
Related:

2 responses

Annpett Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 23, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM
I meet this kind of format error problem before. And I want to experess some of my own feelings. There are many possible reasons that may lead to it. Here are some common ones.
1. The device is too old and can be corrupted with time went on. As you know no hardware can be life-long ever.
2. There are bad sectors in the specific area of the disk that is required for a file system, e.g. for a boot sector or the FAT table sector. Since such a drive is obviously not possible to use, Windows refuses to format it.
3. Sometimes, you cannot format the drive to the FAT file system if it has been formatted to a file system which is not recognized by Windows. Such a drive should be reformatted to NTFS first, and then to the FAT file system.
4. Some incompatibilities in the drivers or BIOS are possible to result in such an error. It makes sense to try to format the drive on another computer. In most cases, the incompatibility problem only concerns the format procedure. Once the drive is formatted, it would work fine.

Solutions to fix

#1. Try connect the SD on another computer (better be most common Windows OS). See if the device can be accessed normally. This way can clear the buffers and eliminate incompatibility. Sometimes it will let the error disappear and make the drive work normally again.
#2. If the first method still won't help. Try recovering the inaccessible photos with this photo recovery program ( https://www.datarescuetools.com/photo-recovery.html ) It is also able to retrieve videos and music etc.
#3. After the files are recovered, then follow those steps to try format the error drive. My computer -> Properties -> Manage -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management -> select the problem drive and then format it from here.
#4. It's not over. After formatting, try use the photo recovery software recommended in #2 to re-scan the drive to see if you can harvest more data. Note: format won't make the data erased permanently right away.

Finally hope the solution will help and forgive my talking so much. :)
Blocked Profile
Nov 7, 2010 at 02:03 AM
Hi,

The memory card is corrupted and needs to be formatted and you have no other choice except doing it,but there is a solution to recover them after formatting which is use recovery software,format it then connect it to pc via integrated memory card reader or usb one then download and install recovery software,use this link to download:

https://ccm.net/download/download-4052-photo-recover

Thanks