Computer turns on but screen is black.

Closed
cam - Nov 11, 2010 at 03:22 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 11, 2010 at 06:36 AM
Hello,

i have a toshiba a200 and when ever i turn it on every thing seems to be fine except the screen wont turn on.
i had it going once but then when i tryed to upgrade the amount of ram.
that gave it the same problem again, so i removed the new ram and put the old ram back in but the black screen keeps apearing.
please help.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 11, 2010 at 06:05 AM
Hi,

Clean the Ram properly with piece of cloth and put it in ram slot,press on the power button for one minute holding it at same time without the battery.After these steps put back the battery connecting the adapter to it and power on it must work.

Thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Nov 11, 2010 at 06:26 AM
Hello Cam and Pcsces,

If you permit, another possibility.

At an angle flash a light into the monitor and from the opposite sharp angle, try to see if you can spot the slightest glimps of your desktop. If you do see it, then you can be sure that your backlight is shot and must be replaced. But I hope for you that Pcsces solution works.

Regards
Blocked Profile
Nov 11, 2010 at 06:29 AM
Hello my friend,

great to meet you again ,to tell you the truth i did not understand your suggestion at all ,sorry,can you put some light on it for me ,

Thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Nov 11, 2010 at 06:36 AM
Of course with pleasure.
You take a flash light and you flash it into the monitor, lets say, at angle, on the right side of the monitor, then you look at the monitor from the opposite angle. The flashlight will sort of act as a backlight which may permit to see the desktop, an icon or any other item that is on the desktop. It would then mean that the laptop is functionning perfect except for the burnout backlight. in many instances, it is the only way to check the blacklight and many people think that the problem arises from some other hardware of software, especially when the computer boots, fan running etc.