Dual boot

Closed
avirk Posts 42 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2012 - Nov 25, 2010 at 02:24 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 29, 2010 at 03:54 AM
Hello,

Hey guys i hv a problem nd its very strange fr me yet......
As m using the Win 7 on my laptop HDD nd i hv another external HDD "Iomega" nd when m trying to install the win xp on it m getting the error after first setup of Xp nd before GUI setup the error tells me that ............Hall.dll is miss please install the above file bt i cant able to do it through any way so cn any1 help me fr this problem if any1 faced it before..........
Thanks In Advance......

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM
You might read the information at this web site:

http://ww11.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

This might be the cause of your problem.

Good Luck
avirk Posts 42 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2010 at 01:28 AM
sorry but it does nt semm helpful fr me.......
even i tried on my local hdd partiion bt the same problem was existing........
so can u tell me htat cn i install the xp after the win 7 or nt....
Blocked Profile
Nov 29, 2010 at 03:54 AM
Hi Avrik ,

Start the whole process again as there might be something gone wrong during installation.Try these tricks:

Connect device to system and format it,now lets assume your external device has been assigned the letter D: and your cd rom drive the letter E:.Now open run ,in search box enter these:

E:\I386\winnt32.exe /syspart:D: /tempdrive:D: /makelocalsource /noreboot .Now press on Ok.Now the installation wizard will appear on screen.This will take more time than installing widnows on a system.After installation you can remove the hard disk and use on another computer.

Thanks