Cant get battery to charge or mmmmmm

Closed
averagejoe Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2010 - Dec 6, 2010 at 06:50 PM
averagejoe Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2010 - Dec 6, 2010 at 09:36 PM
Hello,

I have a toshiba, newer about 1 1/2 years old. I got it from a family member who didnt want it. Any ways. This is my problem in detail...

Computer will not turn on with out battery, i have tried 2 different power sources ac/dc.
When you put a good battery in it says that it is charging, and stays that way though in the beginning you see the flashes of the battery charging and that stops though it still says plugged in and charging. The moment you take the battery out the comp shuts off. When you have the power supply plugged in only the wireless light flashes orange. I have taken a meter to the internal power supply and it reads at the male end 19.9 at the female end 19.9
well That is it if some one can help me please do so.
My thoughts are the internal might be bad but would it put out 19.9 if it were bad plus is 19.9 the same as 19v which it says it needs.

Thanks for any help.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 6, 2010 at 09:24 PM
Hello AverageJoe,

The issue is quite complicated and I believe that the source is surely some internal burnt circuits. It is not advised at all to run it without a battery and connecting it directly to power supply. This might be the reason for it to act up like this.

For detecting which part of the circuit boards is faulty, it will be wise to contact a qualified computer technician. You will hence get to know the real source of the problem and get it fixed too.

Good luck!
averagejoe Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2010
Dec 6, 2010 at 09:36 PM
Ok I had some one suggest that plugging your pc in with out a battery is a very bad idea, that is very incorrect. you can do testing by not having your battery in though some pc's will not start up with out a battery. You will need to google search to see if your pc is one of those, some of the things you can test by doing that is your power supply and your battery. Not in any way is it bad for you to have your laptop plugged in with out a battery