Everythingwas gone except the background., !!

Solved/Closed
ann - Dec 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM
stantibbs Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2010 - Dec 30, 2010 at 06:12 AM
Hello,

i can't see the icons on the screen of my pc, cant even start on the task bar...no right click functions too..please i need a help., :(
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 30, 2010 at 04:31 AM
Greeting Ann,

1. Press at the same time alt+ctrl+del. This will open your task manage.

2. Click on the first tab and in the window select Explorer.exe and at the bottom click end task.

3. Click on New task and type explorer.exe

4. click okay
stantibbs Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2010
Dec 30, 2010 at 06:12 AM
As so many have said "I've lost my Icons and taskbar on the desktop"
I have been following a bunch of these advice tips to restore the desktop icons and taskbar.
The most significant advices for my situation, was to restart explorer.exe using the Task Manager
When I went to the Task Manager there was no explorer.exe running. So I went to start the app.
As instructed elsewhere in these posts, low and behold there was no explorer.exe.

Used the run command to search the hard drive for the explorer.exe file using "dir c:\explorer.exe /s"
File was not found. So I copied explorer.exe from my secondary boot drive windows directory to the primary boot drive windows directory. Used task manager to start explorer.exe .....
And like magic my, desk top icons and task bar came back to life.

How I lost the file explorer.exe from my primary boot drive is beyond me, probably a virus, or virus protection program deleted it. I don't know.

Well that was my fix. Thanks for all your input. You saved me a bunch of time and money.
Stan T.