My "D" partition didn't appear

Solved/Closed
qaish - Jan 16, 2011 at 11:18 AM
 qaish - Jan 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Hello,

i just reformat my laptop. It seems successful for the novice like me.. but, what makes me worried is my D partition didn't appear. I have 2 partitions previously that C for install the OS and D for me to keep all my data. During the reformatting I just reformat C only and then I install new OS. the D partition I just let it be because it contain all my data. After finish the installation, my D didn't appear. How can that happen?? Am I doing wrong during installation the new OS. Somebody please help me. I need my D partition back... huhuhuhuhu

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Jan 16, 2011 at 02:09 PM
Hello,

You probably install windows 7, that's why you cannot access to your "D" partition.

Try this:

1-Create a shortcut of "Computer" to your desktop.
2-Right click on the computer shortcut and go to "Manage",
3-In the "Computer Management" windows, click on "Storage" in the left side then click on "Disk Management"
4-You'll see all your partions available there, then right click on your "D" partition and click on "Change drive letter and paths". Change it to another letter like "E",

After that, go to "Computer", you normally see your drive.
It works for me, hope for you too.

Regards!
Frappes ta tête contre une cruche. Si tu obtiens un son creux, n'en déduis pas que c'est forcément la cruche qui est vide!
yes.. I install the windows 7.. Thanx a lot for helping me.. =)