Bougt a new Motherboard G3ID M7 BIOSTAR

Closed
ScorpioJay - Jan 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM
 ScorpioJay - Jan 20, 2011 at 04:07 PM
Hello,

I have recently bought a new a new motherboard, G3ID - M7for my desktop I installed windows xp on it and it was working fine until yesterday morning as everything works on the pc the fan spins round and it all lights but monitor says no signal and it is just black. I have bought another fan and processing chip but it still says no signal on the monitor what could be the problem.

I have tried my other monitor but it still says no signal could it be the processor chip or fan as its a 4 pin fan or could it be both i have a 512 memory in it as I bought it from compute Orbit at gateshead.

I have also pulled the back of the power cord out and pressed the power button for 1 minute and then longer th put in the power cord but it still says no signal and screen is black it is not the bios as everything is working fine dvd rom lights up I have put in the windows xp disk but the screen still black even though the light is on, on the monitor. Please help Thank You.

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot.

Good Luck
Hi There Jack I tried that but it still wouldn't come on i was thinking of buying a new processing chip and fan again see if it works as i have tried everything with it but getting nowhere even read the manuals and took everything back out of the motherboard and rebuilt it but still nothing on screen even tho the screen lights are on. Thanks for your help mate
Jay
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Hello,
Make sure that you have the right RAM for your motherboard.
Good Luck
Hi Jack

I have got the right RAM Jack my pc was working fine until yesterday morning now it just says no signal on my monitor i have tried 2 different 4 pin fans and still nothing so my guess is a new 775 processing chip as both fans work along with everything on the motherboard.

I have 2 pc's 1 windows 7 which is a high grade i tried my monitor with my high grade tower and it worked, then i tried my xp tower on my high grade monitor and said no signal. Thats why now i am thinking it could be the chip as everything works and my Ram works on my windows 7 whch is also a 512 and windows 7 came on. Thanks for your help Jack if you can think of any more suggestions i will try them in the meantime.

ScorpioJay (AKA) Jay