Itouch wont show up

Solved/Closed
bob678 - Jan 7, 2009 at 06:19 PM
 :) - May 22, 2011 at 08:18 PM
Hello, i just bought an itouch and it wont allow me to sync it to i tunes. i cant sync anything to my itouch and it doesnt show up on my computer...please help!

2 responses

I had a similar problem, but did not receive an error message. iTunes was detecting my iPod Nano with no problem, but when I plugged in the iTouch to that same USB port, my PC was not recognizing it. The PC would make the sound (like a bell?) when I plugged it in, but nothing would come up.

I tried the Reset, Restart, download latest itunes, nothing worked.

Finally, I found a comment someone made about uninstalling the USB port under Device Manager (Control Panel->System-> Hardware). The thing was that I had to actually have the Device Manager open, with all the USB ports listed (click on +), because the Apple device (!) only showed up for a few seconds, and I had to click on it real quick and select Uninstall. Then I unplugged the iTouch and restarted the computer. After that it worked just fine. Whew.
Thank you so much Kathy! It worked now I can download my songs! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathy - you are a STAR!

Suddenly my Nano stopped showing up (same problem - USB device fail sound played when I connected it). Your comment _solved_ the problem!

Thank you.
C
where is the control pannel and all that stuff? im having the same problem with my itouch
hey can u teach me the steps on how u fixed your itouch (control panel>system>hardware) can you pls help me?
thankyou
kathy you are a life saver God Bless you. but you some of it but i figured the rest out. guys follow kathy instrutions then go to device manager the go to whatever it says ipod .... then click reinstall driver and finish the install thingy and you go to go.
vigts78 Posts 14 Registration date Wednesday September 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 17, 2009 1
Jan 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM
hi,
check if the cable is correctly connected to the port.
check if you have the driver. install the driver then connect it again.
if ti still does not work, contact your local reseller, its may be that there is a problem with the iTouch.