Flashed GA-M61SME-S2L Motherboards BIOS

Closed
ScoobiesSpecialDoobieSnacks Posts 12 Registration date Thursday March 17, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2011 - Mar 17, 2011 at 06:02 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 18, 2011 at 01:15 PM
Hello,
I have a Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2L Rev2 Motherboard & flashed my BIOS using the F4 2009/07/28 Update Note: Please use the previous BIOS version for the item 2 features support) from the Gigabyte website http://us.test.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2755&ver= I cleared my CMOS. took battery out for 20 min, Put the jumper on CLR_CMOS to reset it & nothing has happened. Is my motherboard a Dual Boot motherboard & if so how can i recover my BIOS With the procedures i have found by using a switch on the back of my UPS. My light comes on, fan spins but cant access my keyboard or mouse to do anything, cant use my DVD]Drive either because it is not recognized, it just makes a funny noise when i insert a DVD. My FDD isnt the first drive to boot from, its my DVD Drive. Will it work by turning on the switch at the back of my UPS while i hold down the button to turn on my computer etc. If anyone please help me with this puzzled situation it would muchly be appreciated.

Thankyou for your help in advanced

ScoobiesDoobieSnacks

T

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 17, 2011 at 08:05 PM
Gigabyte has a "virtual" dual BIOS (whatever that is). This probably means that there is an internal copy of the last BIOS on the chip. If you flashed the BIOS more than one time and/or you can't boot into the BIOS then the only option is to contact Gigabyte to order a replacement BIOS chip that is flashed to the correct BIOS.

Sorry for the bad news
ScoobiesSpecialDoobieSnacks Posts 12 Registration date Thursday March 17, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2011
Mar 17, 2011 at 08:19 PM
hi xpcman,
Thankyou for your help about my gigabyte motherboard. Na thats not bad news xpcman. That has made me feel better knowing that my computer hasnt literally crapped itself. I flashed it once using @BIOS. I hope there is an internal copy of the latest BIOS on the chip. Do you reckon it would be cheaper getting a new Gigabyte motherboard or would it be cheaper buying the BIOS chip from the manufacturer Gigabyte? How would i go about getting a new BIOS chip for my Gigabyte motherboard? Its over 3 yrs old. What do you recommend?

Thankyou for your help in advanced

ScoobiesSpecialDoobieSnacks
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 18, 2011 at 01:15 PM
Unless Gigabyte has a distributor in AUSTRALIA it might be next to impossible to find a replacement BIOS. Your best option might be to find a used MB on Ebay.

Good Luck