Motherboard boot screen stuck

Solved/Closed
RonDanino Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday September 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2015 - Updated on Jan 25, 2019 at 08:33 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Sep 12, 2015 at 02:29 AM
Hi,

I've been dealing with this problem for a couple months now, and It's getting really annoying. Ever since I installed my new GPU (Gigabyte GTX960 G1 GAMING), my motherboard boot screen is stuck for a few minutes.

It is also having a few post-beeps, about one in a minute and I can't do anything. I can't open BIOS or anything else. It doesn't respond until a few minutes pass and it continues on startup.

I know why it might be this way, this GPU requires me to plug 2 cables from my power supply and I only have 1. The GPU is still working fine with 1 cable but I assume that this is the reason.

So I'm wondering if this replacing the card\power supply is the only way to fix it or is there something else I can do?

Note: I don't mind waiting for a few minutes while turning the PC on. The real problem is that I can't format my computer.

My motherboard is Gigabyte H61M-S2PV

Thanks!
Related:

6 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Updated on Jan 25, 2019 at 08:54 AM
Thanks for the Info!

For the users looking for the solutions, I would request you to read all the messages in the thread. If you see different results, don't hesitate in commenting below.

Let's try solving it one-by-one.

1) The PSU you mentioned is not a standard one! Did you buy it separately? Or, is this a custom built PC? Yes, as you said, it is one of the issues regarding power connectors that going to the card!

2) Your GPU need the following:
  • System power supply requirement: 400W (with two 6-pin external power connectors)
  • 28nm processor but yours 22nm

How many beeps you got in post?
I get 4 post beeps each one in about 30 seconds, im not sure if this pc was custom built or just bought, but i upgraded a lot, im not sure if the psu was changed but probably not.