My computer restart every time

Closed
chinna - Apr 6, 2011 at 08:29 AM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - Apr 7, 2011 at 02:18 AM
Hello,

my system o s is windows x p proffiesitional. my system more times restart, and i on in safe mode, but no on the safe mode shows the windows normally how is repaire computer restart and many more show the windows normally many more times.plz tell me trouble shooting sir.
Related:

2 responses

nic6umesh Posts 4 Registration date Thursday January 14, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2011
Apr 6, 2011 at 09:23 AM
Hi ...

if you know how to install Windows XP and dont wanna loose your data too you can do one thing.
restart your computer with Windows XP CD.
During the installation it will give you three options.1# Install new copy 2#repair 3#cancel
Choose the repair option BUT REMEMBER it will ask twice about repair. so on first screen dont choose the repair option as it will take you to the command prompt. on the second screen it will again ask for repair or new installation at that time select repair by pressing "R" Key.
Let the installation finish which will take 30 minutes.

Restart the PC and I think your PC will work normally with all your data & software safe.

Have a happy Troubleshooting :)
Good Luck
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Apr 7, 2011 at 02:18 AM
There's a setting buried in Windows XP that tells your computer to restart when a system error occurs. If you turn off that option, you may solve your automatic reboot problem.

Click Start, then open Control Panel
Click Performance and Maintenance
Click System
Click on the Advanced Tab
Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section
Uncheck Automatically Restart in the System failure section