Can't Ping but can connect w Browsers

Closed
yeswedeliver Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2009 - Jan 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM
zerokilled Posts 9 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 - Jan 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM
Hello,
Somehow my ping command won't work. I can connect to websites with my browsers, programs - even PPP sharing programs ... but when I go to command and attempt to ping any site - it times out every time. I don't understand it. I recently uninstalled AVG and installed [then uninstalled] Avira AV ...
What brought it to my attention was a quirk that won't allow me to connect to ESET.com [another AV site]. This is why I went to ping program - I could not connect to this site. I am lost. Everything works but it disturbs me. I had a temporary issue where brower in browser could not connect for data [like tvguide.com ] webpage would load find but data stream for the grid is 'cut off' mid stream and shut down. I solved THAT - but it must have been related I'm guessing.
Thanks so much for your time and help. I think its great to help out with what we know [and I do].
Jerry
Related:

2 responses

zerokilled Posts 9 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 1
Jan 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM
there are so many possibility but try this. if you have a program firewall (that is, one that monitor application accessing internet) check that ping have correct permission to use internet connection.
Have you tried using other browsers? Such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox 3, Opera, etc.