How switch between Ethernet and WiFi?

Closed
PatM - May 15, 2011 at 04:34 PM
 PatM - May 15, 2011 at 06:19 PM
Hello,

I have a notebook computer running Windows 7/Internet Explorer 7 which, at home, I have connected by Ethernet to my router. This works well and I have no desire to change things.
But I also need tyo be abale to connect by wi-fi when I am away from home and want to check emails etc.. But although my computer has wi-fi capability, IE tells me it cannot connect to the internet.
This, I understand is because the machine has been set up so my default Internet connection is via Ethernet.
How do I set it up so I can easily select bethween Ethernet at home and wi-fi when away?
I'm certain it can be done, but I don't know enough to start fiddling with the settings on my computer and risk losing everything.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
PatM
Related:

2 responses

Lone_Wolf Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 14, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2011
May 15, 2011 at 06:06 PM
i know everytime i switch between each i have to make sure internet settings are working online cause they always switch over to work offline

firefox and google chrome give me no errors
Thanks, but can you tell me what I have to do in order to be able to switch? As I said, I don't want to mess things up by fiddling with settings I am not familiar with so what I am hoping for is a step-by-step guide.
Thansk PatM