HP Pavillion DV6000

Solved/Closed
LOX - May 25, 2011 at 03:20 AM
 LOX - May 30, 2011 at 03:57 AM
Hello,

Hello,
My 2yr old DV6000 seems to be losing it. The left half of the screen is a lot darker than the right hand side. It also flickers between levels of brightness. When I thought I had lost the screen, I plugged in an old VGA screen and it was perfect again. That trick sadly doesn't work any longer.
I will appreciate any inputs or advice.
Kind regards
LOX

Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 25, 2011 at 06:08 AM
Hello Lox

It sure looks like your video graphic card is toasted, especially in the light that the VGA screen no longer responds.

I suggest you have the card examined by a technician.

Regards
Hi Ambucias,

Thanks so much for responding to my query.

What also seems to be a temporary solution is if I close the screen (not all the way) and open it again right away.This gets it back to 100%, but it doesn't last unfortunately.

What I meant by 'the VGA trick doesn't work any more' is that plugging the external monitor in somehow "woke up" the laptop's screen to brightness. This "waking up" unfortunately doesn't occur any longer.

Kind regards
LOX
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 25, 2011 at 04:31 PM
LOX

It's a hardware problem related to probably the screen's inverter or backlights. I would definately get it checked by a in the flesh technician for there is nothing here on the forum we can physically do.

Good luck
Hi Ambucias,

Thanks again for the advice - I will visit the shop and have it checked out.

LOX