Disc inaccessable, can't get to files! HELP!

Closed
Libbit - May 29, 2011 at 09:40 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - May 29, 2011 at 02:00 PM
Hello,

Some time ago I purchased a 500GB portable HD. I needed to make a few PS3 game backups so I divided it into a few partitions which I formatted and changed to FAT32. I left most of the HD memory allocated, only used the 5 partitions I created - 4 with 32GB, 1 with 2GB assigned. Everything worked fine until a while ago, when my most important partition (Uni projects, materials for my thesis, etc.) suddenly became inaccessable! The disc is visible when I go to My Computer, but when I click it, a message appears that I have to format. I really need to recover the files. I've tried Acronis Disc Director, DiscPatch and GetBackData for FAT, but it appears I can't even assign that disc as the one I want to restore files from. I checked the volume properties, it says 0b, but Acronis shows that all the files are still there. If anyone has any idea what to do, please help!
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 29, 2011 at 02:00 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Check the "File System". If the "File System" is RAW, then may be partition got

damaged or corrupted.

If you want to recover the data from it then follow the below instructions

Click on the below link and download the application

http://www.powerdatarecovery.com/download/pdr6free.exe

After launching the application, check the check box "I am a home user, please

launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition" and then click on "Launch

Power Data Free Edition" button.

Select the option "Damaged Partition Recovery" and follow the instructions. It

will try to recover the data from the damaged partition.

Good Luck