Can't install anything

Closed
harliegirl - Jan 23, 2009 at 06:53 PM
locklessmonster Posts 19 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 - Jan 24, 2009 at 02:51 AM
Hello, Everytime I download something it works fine until I try to install it. I keep getting a message saying that my installer is probably corrupted. I really don't know what to do from here. My windows xp installer is on and working, I check for viruses and everything everyday. Just bought a new 500 gig external hard drive. What do i do to be able to install anything. I would also like to know how do I make my external (e drive) my default drive. I bought this computer second hand and I just found out the original hard drive is only 10 gigs. No wonder I keep running low on space. So I went out and bought a new external WD hard drive but still have trouble downloading cause everything automatically goes to c drive. Can I make my e drive my default drive? Thank you. Please, somebody help me.
Related:

1 response

locklessmonster Posts 19 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 10
Jan 24, 2009 at 02:51 AM
hi,
you cannot make your external derive as default drive.
when you are asked to save the file, you choose "Save as" and then select the external drive.