A papercopy back onto my computer For editing

Closed
Crys - Jan 23, 2009 at 05:34 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 23, 2009 at 08:06 PM
Hello, I have a problem! I have typed an entire novel on my P.C. and then my computer crashed and I have lost the entire novel except for a copy that I printed on paper. Is there anyway to put that paper copy back onto the computer and make it so that I am able to edit the novel ?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 23, 2009 at 08:06 PM
You can buy a "optical scanner" and OCR software. You scan the printed pages and the OCR software converts them into a computer readable text file. Cost around a hundred dollars US and 100's of hours of your time.

If this is a large book you might Google to find a a service company that will do the job for you.

OCR: A scanner simply takes a picture of the text on a page. In order to use a word processing program to work with text that you have scanned, you need to convert the picture of the text into a format that will be understood by a word processing program. An OCR (Optical Character Recognition) program will make the necessary conversion. Most scanners come with at least the lite version of an OCR program. If you will be scanning in a lot of text, you may want to upgrade to the full version.