Jun 21, 2011 at 02:46 AM
Posts47359Registration dateMonday February 1, 2010StatusModeratorLast seenSeptember 1, 2021
Jun 21, 2011 at 04:21 AM
I just reinstalled windows xp. I backed up all my data and put it back on after doing a clean reinstallation. After I finished setting all the programs up and updating IE 8, I noticed that Google is redirecting the search results. I know this is usually a virus, but I just formatted the drive. After I saw the redirect with IE 8 and Firefox, I did a whole bunch of things.
- Ran Full Scans with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware, but found no threats/infections.
- Used ATF Cleaner to remove all the temp files, etc..
- Ran Scan with Trojan Remover and Trojan Killer, no results
- Ran Combofix but didnt find anything either
- Ran CCleaner, no threats
- Ran Unhackme, no threats
- Installed latest version of Java
I havent figured out why its redirectings, all the programs found nothing since I just formatted and reinstalled windows xp. Ill post a Hijack This Log. Can someone please help me figure this one out?
Hijack This Log:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 3:29:02 AM, on 6/21/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal