Cannot access to some sites

Closed
Lee - Jun 21, 2011 at 02:12 AM
 Anonymous User - Jun 27, 2011 at 05:01 PM
Hello,

I am using Vista and Firefox and I am unable to view videos on Youtube.
When the page opens only some of the pictures load, but the majority of them do not open. If I try to view a video, it says an error has occurred, try again later. If I try several times, I might get lucky and the video will load, but most of the time not. What can I do? Thanks.

Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Jun 21, 2011 at 02:20 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below link and download the adobe flash player for internet explorer.

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Good Luck
Hey thanks, but it didn't do the job. Now the page opens but the text is all messed up and boxes are all on the right side of my page. I am having the same problem with opening facebook, the page looks the same. I did just about everything I could think of today to fix the problem, with no luck. I even did s system restore. So really all of my problems are with facebook, hotmail & youtube. Any other suggestions for me? Thanks.
Anonymous User
Jun 21, 2011 at 02:44 AM
Can you open those sites with another web browser like IE?
Yes. I can open them with Internet Explorer.
Anonymous User
Jun 23, 2011 at 04:11 PM
Greetings,

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).

Good Luck
Thanks for the suggestion. My system is running with Vista. When I went to Tools>Add Ons> there was no Theme option, rather Appearance, and that is already set to Default.

I have no idea what is happening. I still cannot access Facebook, hotmail & Youtube using Firefox, only with Internet Explorer.
Anonymous User
Jun 24, 2011 at 03:24 PM
Hi,

Try this:

Go to the Tools Menu -> Options

Under the Content Tab, click Advanced for Enable Javascript

Uncheck all items and click OK.

Close and restart Firefox.

Good Luck!
Anonymous User
Jun 27, 2011 at 05:01 PM
Hi,

Try to delete your HISTORY, TEMP, and COOKIE FILES from all of the browsers. (You will need to reenter your screenames and passwords for sites that you visit that require this info once cookies are deleted.)

Also run DISK CLEAN UP in IE. Go to Start/MYCOMPUTER/Right-click drive C. Make sure drive compression is UNCHECKED. Drive Indexing can be CHECKED. Select DISK CLEAN UP. Click ok

After this is completed go to Start/RUN/type in "temp" (no quotes) this opens your Tempraroy files folders.

Select Edit from the File Menu, "Select All" select Delete.

Answer Yes to the Prompt.

Empty your Recycle Bin

SHUTDOWN (not reboot) your computer for at least 5 minutes.

Good Luck!