Cannot connect to wireless network

Closed
Betsy - Jun 27, 2011 at 05:51 PM
Nyctaclope Posts 5315 Registration date Saturday April 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2022 - Jun 28, 2011 at 09:39 AM
Hello,

I cannot connect my netbook to a wireless network. Or, I should say, I can connect to the network, but not to the internet. A previuos thread (now closed) suggested

"1) Turn off your firewall
2) Open your "wireless adapater" properties, make sure your "TCP/IP properties" have "Automatically assigned by DHCP" everywhere
3) If the above steps didn't bring any light, then open "Status" for your "Wireless connection", write down your IP address (the first line), network mask, gateway address and DNS servers addresses
4) Disable your "wireless adapter", open its properties, change "TCP/IP properties" to the written down information, change the places of DNS server with written one, so that DNS1 will be DNS2 and DNS2 will be DNS1
5) Enable your "wireless adapter" and try google"

I turned off the firewall, but call be dumb nowhere can I find the place to check my TCP/IP properties. I clicked on the adapter and went to properties...shouldn't it be there?

Any help would be appreciated and please excuse my idiocy LOL

Betsy
Related:

1 response

Nyctaclope Posts 5315 Registration date Saturday April 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2022
Jun 28, 2011 at 09:39 AM
Hello

Please excuse my approximate english , hope you'll understand what I mean ..

How "to check my TCP/IP properties" ? :

- Open your wireless adapter "properties" with a right click on its icon
- In the "general" ( main ? ) TAB, you get a list whose title is like "this connection use following elements" : move at the last position in this list and select "Internet protocol TCP/IP", and then click on "properties" button

There you can make your changes ...

Bye
Nyctaclope

Le plus joli des poèmes de la mathématique : e^(i.PI)=i^2
trois nombres "sacrés" d'horizons différents qui se donnent la main ...