Wireless Internet Connection Problems

Closed
Tempered Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 1, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 - Jul 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Tempered Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 1, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 - Jul 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Windows Vista Home Premium 2007

Studio XPS 1640

Intel(R) Core(RM) Duo CPU

2.40GHz

4.00 GB

64 Bit

I've had my computer for almost three years now and during that time, most parts on it have been replaced.

Most recently, I've had both my hard drive and my wireless card replaced due to different issues and now, it's come up recently that I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly. I live with my best friend who also owns a Dell laptop and I myself own an Acer Netbook and an iPhone, both which connect just fine to the wireless internet. It seems to be only my system that is having this problem.

I've spoken with the Dell Support Reps over 5+ times and nothing has solved this problem. They simply tell me it is a software issue and I must purchase some System Repair thing for $100+ (even after spending $600 on a warranty that apparently only covers hardware).

Obviously, I can connect just fine to through an ethernet/wired connection but not wirelessly. Its not that the connection does not show up at all, it shows up and says it connects, but I get 'Local Only' access. This isn't the first problem I've had with my wireless either; I've had other errors such as: "The capability of this network adapter does not match the requirements of this network" or the connection will show up but their will be grayed out as if I'm not receiving any sort of connectivity.

If there is any more information I can give to make this easier to understand, please let me know. I'll post the Windows IP Configuration if it's needed to help solve this issue.

Short version:

-New harddrive

-New wireless card

-New router

-Other devices in the house connect wirelessly

-Local only access

-Using Google Chrome

-No internet access

-"There may be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer."

-"the capability of your network adapter does not match the requirements of this network"

Is this a Vista problem or just a my computer problem?

2 responses

johngate Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 1, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 3
Jul 1, 2011 at 01:43 AM
I think this is the problem of vista and if you can use window then it will not happen there.I did face this problem two years ago.I might be wrong but whatever i know , i am sharing with you.
Tempered Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 1, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011
Jul 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM
I've already spoken with Dell(the ones who supplied my wireless cards) and one of their representatives. They didn't suggest any sort of software other than a 'System Mechanic' or something like that for $100+ which (I've searched all over the internet) usually doesn't help most people who purchase it. It's a waste of money and a waste of time for a problem that won't be resolved.

After paying over $600+ on my laptop's 2 year warranty recently, I'm looking for any way for me NOT to have to purchase that and waste even more money.