My pc just turns off when i turn it on

Closed
FDOALP - Jan 24, 2009 at 11:42 PM
FernandoAlp Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2009 - Feb 2, 2009 at 09:53 PM
Hello,
My pc was running great for the last year but yesterday I got a great problem.
My pc has 2 power supplies, the main one (500W) and an aux one (make: ultra 350W i think) , 2 nvidia 9800GTX+, asus M2n-sli deluxe, 160gb WD HD, 3GB ram (OCZ 800MHz 5-5-5-12) and the processor....AMD Athlon 64x2 +4800 2.6GHz. All of my pc hardware is not overclocked.
Well let's go to the problem. The thing is that my pc had just worked fine these last year and yesterday I found it unusable. When I press the power button, it starts everything, fans, hard drive and the MB leds and instantly after doing this, it just turns off.
The current pc I'm using to write this message is obviously a different one that the one I wrote before (some people in other forums asked for this....) so it is my linux alternative pc ( a very old one so I can't use any of my programs I need to work (HP kayak UX))
Please I'd like to get some help from you. Thanks
Related:

2 responses

I have a same problem, maybe its because ge force makeing problems,i think i have same like you(Zotac 9800gtx+ amp edition?) and I really dont know what to do....
no lol...i have 9600GT (dual)
some ppl have told me that it must the the processor (amd athlon64x2) that burned
and other ones have told me that it should be the mainboard...(a socket problem or something like that)
i really dont know wat to do...if i had 2 amd based pcs id test the cpu but the fact is that i dont have 2...
someone help pls !
FernandoAlp Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2009
Feb 2, 2009 at 09:53 PM
9600GT oced(i just remembered i had oced them...)
srry for the conf ; (