Nothing is working

Closed
sixksixk - Jul 14, 2011 at 08:04 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 18, 2011 at 04:54 AM
Hello,
I've done the F11 and F10 but it never lets me choose anything, it just goes the next step on it's own. It's done safe mode, installing windows mode, and everything in between. When it finally starts to try and load the screen gets stuck on welcome and then the sign on screen will start blinking, then welcome again. I tried downloading repair discs and putting them in but it doesn't recognize them. I saw on HP that they don't provide recovery discs anymore. Now what? This is my daughter's laptop and it's the exact type and mode as mine so I tried creating a repair disc on mine and put in hers. Still nothing. Any help here would be appreciated. Can't afford new laptop but she needs it for college. Please help!!!!!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 15, 2011 at 01:00 AM
Hi,

what is the model of laptop?have you tries Esc key on boot then F11 ?

Thanks
Girlgonehunting
Jul 15, 2011 at 08:42 AM
Yes, tried that before I knew to use f11. It's a presario c60-715dx. it is a partitioned hard drive that I can't get to and it didn't come with restore disc. I made a repair disc off mine but that didn't work. We don't have restore disc. I had trouble making one off mine ( same model) so neither of us have one. It locked up then wouldnt let me do it again saying I already did. Ugh! Im so frustrated and afraid if I get a virus we're totally screwed. Do we have options?
Blocked Profile
Jul 18, 2011 at 04:54 AM
Hi,

Get a windows installation dvd and use the registration key under laptop and make your windows genuine at same time you can even borrow it from a friend its not a problem but do not share the key and for drovers it needs to be downloaded then install. Follow this link for drivers:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/

Thanks