Font Issue

Solved/Closed
GM Madman Posts 85 Registration date Friday June 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012 - Aug 16, 2011 at 06:08 PM
GM Madman Posts 85 Registration date Friday June 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012 - Aug 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Hello,
Recently I've been having issues with the way text is displayed on my computer. Everything had been working fine until a few weeks ago, and I've had this install of windows running for over a year now with no issues.

Anyways, the problem is that a lot of text looks glitchy and is very difficult to read. This happens in most programs, not just internet browsers, although that it the main issue. Here is an example of the issue in firefox:

Font/Text Issues-text.png

Font/Text Issues-text2.png

Text looks like this on most websites when I use the default viewing size on webpages, and zooming in even one click will correct the issue, but the problem is that that only resolves the issue for web browsing. Other programs can't just be zoomed in to fix it.

I've tried searching the web for answers but I usually just get threads etc about how to fix text size, for when programs have text cut off by too large a font.

Could reinstalling the affected fonts possibly fix this? And is there a way to do such a thing without reinstalling windows?

Does anyone have any solutions or ideas? I can provide more pics or info if necessary, let me know what you need.

Thanks

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 16, 2011 at 06:54 PM
Its possible that you have changed the screen resolution to something that is not optimal for the screen. The best viewing on a LCD is the native resolution.

Right click on an empty place on the desktop screen and select "personalize" then scroll down to "display settings" and click on it. Ten pull the resolution slider to the far right (that will insure that you have the native relosution.

Good Luck
GM Madman Posts 85 Registration date Friday June 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012 2
Aug 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Thx!