Gateway Desktop (ATX) will not power on.

Closed
3Putt - Aug 18, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 18, 2011 at 02:04 PM
Hello,
After line power fluctuations and automatic shutdown, my Gateway 560GE will not restart. Tested power supply and, with jumper, cooling fan runs and output is 11.87V but the computer will not start. When power cord is connected and the on switch is pressed, a small green LED on the motherboard flickers intermittently along with simultaneously brief revolutions of the cooling fans but all response ends after a few seconds. The indicator light on the power switch never illuminates and there is no response from the drives. I have held the power switch in with all connectors removed to discharge any capacitive charges but still no startup.
HELP!

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 18, 2011 at 02:04 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.