RGB cord to the tv

Closed
Kels - Aug 18, 2011 at 01:58 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 18, 2011 at 04:49 PM
Hello,

For all us dumb people please tell me how this works. I have connected my RGB cord to the tv and I have picture. That is all fine and dandy. Ok so I have been reading all the comments on how to get sound and I still can't. I have a cord with the red and white ends which is plugged into my tv I have plugged the other end into my headphone jack. I have set my default settings to SPDIF. What am I going wrong?? HEEEEEEEEEEELPPP!!! Please :D I am also using an HP laptop with Windows Vista.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 18, 2011 at 04:49 PM
I think you have confused digital and analog I/O. The RCA plugs (red and white) make me think you are using an analog input to the TV. Setting the laptop to SPDIF changes the audio to digital. ((there also might be a special SPDIF port on the laptop)).

The problem with a lot of TV's is getting the TV to activate the correct audio port. Check the TV manual and run through the configuration menu looking for the procedure to activate an input audio port.

Good Luck