Laptop has a black screen

Closed
Theresa - Sep 28, 2011 at 08:39 AM
mcgart Posts 9 Registration date Friday September 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2011 - Oct 4, 2011 at 02:06 PM
Hello,

I was working on my computer yesterday when all of a sudden the screen went black. I turned off my computer and restarted it and the screen is still black. I have also disconnected my battery for the night last night and that didnt work either. My computer still starts up as normal, you can hear it when it asks for a password, which I enter and the computer seems to come up to the desktop screen. Any suggestions?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 28, 2011 at 09:33 AM
Try using an external display.

if it works then either then connection/screen is faulty.

can you view BIOS?
Im so sorry - Im not to good with computers, what does an external display mean and view BIOS?
Blocked Profile
Sep 28, 2011 at 07:08 PM
Okay,

do you have a computer monitor?

plug the monitor into the laptop (it will have a VGA output that the cable from the monitor will plug in to) this should display on the PC monitor.
when you first turn the PC on, you'll normally see a black background with white writing.

does your monitor stay blank always?
Thank you very much for your help - a friend of ours is coming over this weekend to look at our laptop.
Blocked Profile
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Okay.

i'm going to leave this thread open. could you please reply once your friend has taken a look to advise on problem/solution to assist other people who may experience this in the future.
mcgart Posts 9 Registration date Friday September 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2011
Sep 30, 2011 at 03:02 PM
how did you get on with laptop I have similar problem. Black screen with the faintest bios in back near impossible to see. New screen. hdmi and vga dont work on external output